Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy New Year!



Well, when I first started out on this venture, I thought optimistically that I might get the whole thing done in time for the 2010 Olympics. Well, that's not going to happen, but I think that I may be able to get it done by the end of the summer. Fred, the guy who I bought the engine from, said that he would remove it during the holidays. For this reason and owing to the unusually sunny weather we're having, I today built the dolly that will support the engine once remove. I think I got the dimensions correct, but the dolly is supposed to replicate all the structural elements that will support the engine and gear box. It only took about an hour to build, including the trip to the lumber yard. My goal is to take the engine directly to a rebuild place and have then clean, repaint, and replace the head gasket. The second photos has measures added to it. The middle lateral support (the one that goes under the frame rails, is located 31" from the front and is 6.25" beneath the top of the frame rails. The gear box lateral member is 37" from the front and 5" beneath the top of the frame rails. Hope that's correct!

No comments: