Saturday, March 19, 2011

Unhinged


A couple weeks ago I delivered my hinge castings to an ex-coworker of my dad's, who is a machinist. Well I picked them up today and he did a fine job. He also did them for one-third the price that the idiot at Talvan quoted me. I then delivered them to Aaron. Aaron has finished welding the sides, and the result -- besides fantastic -- is that he's going to be deaf at some point from all the hammering. See the photo above that looks like stained metal? That's marks from each hammer strike. Things are slowing down until I get my bonus cheque from work, but that's good. I have some things to do at my end. At some point in the near future I'll be welding some little holes where the pop rivets were used in the interior. I'm looking forward to that. Meanwhile, I'm thinking about paint. Below is a rendering I did this week. I like it, but my friend Jack (see early posts where he's mentioned) think that I should write "The Old Cock Inn" on the side. I'll think about that.

No comments: