Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Enlightenment



Like the historical event that started in France in the 18th Century, my project is emerging from the Dark Ages. As I previously posted, the rear lights will not fit on the rear carossmember of my van and, moreover, they were never originally fit that way anyway. The second of the two photos above is of Duncan. Like other early J types built for export, my van has a rear bumper. I know because the holes are there (or were there). The rear bumper covers the lights when placed in the crossmember. So instead, a little bracket was made to accomodate them under the crossmember and on the outside of the frame. Of course, this bracket was just large enought for one light, and I want two. So I designed and had the bracket seen in the first photo above.

No comments: