Saturday, February 4, 2012

Back in Black...(with lots of pictures)









 "I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
Yes I'm, let loose
From the noose
That's kept me hanging about
I keep looking at the sky
'Cause it's gettin' me high
Forget the herse 'cause I'll never die
I got nine lives..."


Okay, maybe four lives...1) quirky English import, 2) 60s camper, 3) 70s hot rod, and now, 4) 20th century curio. As you can see above, the van didn't stay in bare metal too long. It was painted in black epoxy. Most of the parts were put in epoxy too. The remiander will be done this week. The interior was further hit with a high build primer. The outside will be hit with it too later. The roof has some serious rust areas (which were covered by Bondo). I think the plan is to treat those with phosphoric acid, which is conveniently included in soda pop. Meanwhile Aaron is repairing the wings, and doing it in a stunningly efficient and effective way.

No comments: