So years ago I ordered from window rubber from these guys: http://rubbertrim.co.uk/
This weekend I pulled it out and realized it isn’t going to work (see photo). The problem is with the U-channel – it’s just too thin. Now the s-channel’s dimension on all three sides that hold the glass at 3 mm x 3 mm x 3.5 mm. The channel I have is profile 391, I believe. My u-channel is 1.6 mm meaning I’ll have a giant gap at the front if I try and use it. I think I might just need a 1/8” (3/8” overall) u-channel like these ones:
Overall, not the most costly mistake to make – rubber, it’s like it grows on trees!
Elsewhere, the exterior finish is coming together. The hinges will hit paint soon, and looking at them this afternoon it’s hard to believe they aren’t original – foundry, machinist, filing and sanding, and what you see here now.
Aiming for Victoria Day long weekend for final assembly.