Sunday, July 5, 2020

COVID Countdown



S​ummer is kind of here, and I have resumed van work. I stopped in the winter because it was too cold, and I just can't work in the cold like I used to. There are precious few items left to be done. The front panel has to be painted too. But otherwise, it's the fuel line to the carb, the throttle linkage​, assemble the engine cowl and ignition and instrument wiring. All the summer's car shows are cancelled owing to the COVID. I fiddled with the chrome side mirrors that I purchased about 10 years ago, but I couldn't get them to a place I liked. Instead, I'm going with the Land Rover Series ones you can see in the accompanying photo. They're period correct, and the colour will look good I think. The other photos are from yesterday. Yes, the reflection is a 1947 Chevy Pickup.

2 comments:

john said...

Well done - It will be finished at last - When you unlock you can enjoy driving it

Anonymous said...

Thanks John. Hope you're safe.