Sunday, December 21, 2008

Swiss Cheese Brake Drums




With the engine and transmission out, I bought some jack stands and put the the whole van up. I knew that Victoria has incorrect wheels. Maybe it was the wide pattern racing slicks on the rear end that gave it away. In any event, I managed to find some correct wheels from a guy not too far from my house named Jack. Jack is a retired police officer from the city. The wheels on Victoria were 5 bolt patterns wheels -- Ford, to be exact. I thought that maybe the Ford wheels were interchangeable. But when I removed the wheels, I discovered that this was not the case. It seems that additional holes were put into the brake drums to accommodate the Ford bolt pattern. New drums simply aren't available, so I'm content to use the ones I have, albeit with the correct bolts going through the right holes.

No comments: