Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rivet Nuts and Lights




This week I worked on the floor structure. This included all inserting all the rivet nuts that will screwed into when the floor is put in place, plus others that will support the inner fenders. The photo above shows all the rivet nuts in place. Next week I am going to weld the structure together and then get it media blasted a powder coated. I also secured a set of Lucas 470/2 park lights -- the square ones this week. They are slightly different. One has a pressed fitting in the back. The other has a small one that is riveted in place. The first is correct for J-Vans. I think that what I am going to do it remove both and drill a hole in the back (the top as seen in the photo above) that will accommodate a modern bulb fitting. The replacement panels that I had made at considerable expense and over a period of 18 months are generally of mediocre quality. I wouldn't make that mistake again. I have one more hinge to have cast and then I will have a complete set.

No comments: