Thursday, November 11, 2010

Saunders-Roe Princess




My dad sent me a video tonight regarding the Saunders-Roe Princess aircraft. Here's the link:

http://www.flixxy.com/saunders-roe-princess-flying-boat.htm

I emailed him back saying that the Saunders-Roe Princess was like a flying J Van.

He and I went out to Aaron's shop this afternoon with a load of parts. He's got everything now, except the shiny bits and a few other things. Here's a couple more pictures.

Tomorrow I'm going to a machine shop to get the hinges drilled out, and then I'm going to a metal spinning shop to get them to make me a dome from an authentic early engine cowl

1 comment:

john said...

I was thinking you have been a bit quiet recently mate
You obviously have been working, and I am more than impressed - there are hundreds and thousands of parts in the van - when it is new just go to the parts box - you are haveing to design and machine every one - that is hours and hours longer