Saturday, December 11, 2010
It's passed my bedtime on a Saturday night and, instead of writing a lot, I'm going to post some photos that illustrate what's happened over the last few weeks. Two weeks ago Peter (yes, the Peter from my sister's boat project Peter, see early posts) helped me take my engine out to Aaron's shop. When we got there, I was eager to see progress and what I witnessd was the impending replacement of a whole whack of metal in the front that I thought was in good shape (but which I can understand how it could not be). This is the 3rd photo above. Oh well. I went back today and it's all in place now and it looks good. Then I witnessed the right side panel -- 6th photo from the top. Same story. Iain's panels are proving troublesome too, and some aren't usable. There's been a couple setbacks too. The uphot is that on a earned value basis I'm behind where I thought I would be, but I also beliew that the most difficult areas were tackled first. I think thing will improve. With the van at Aaron's shop I've been a bit lost for things to do. I'm working on the rear floor now, and I should have that in the next few weeks. In fact, I worked on that tonight. The rear floor is really important to me for some reason.