Sunday, December 9, 2012

Merry Christmas


Christmas again? Not only in the globe warming but time seems to be going faster.
Undertaking a project like this takes a lot of things. Some are obvious, but others things aren’t. One of the things that I have needed, and that I failed to consider originally, was encouragement. This year like past years I am grateful to people all over the world who have communicated their encouragement to me. Some are J van owners, but many aren’t. Some only have a casual interest in vehicles, generally. Those periodic emails from people far away really help on days when you want to park the whole project. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too all of you. I bought a beer in a pub recently and aimed to photograph me "toasting" you all. But as it turned out, by the time I explained how to use the camera in the phone, most had been consumed. Yes, the sweater is mine.
According to the Mayan calendar the world will end on 2012-12-21. The family and I are heading to Cancun, Mexico to watch the drama unfold. I know there are at least two J Vans down there (somewhere -- in great conndition), and the Reactine van (no in Canada) was originally from down there too. I will endeavour to leave the safety of the swim up, all-you-can-drink-bar to see if there's another one lurking nearby.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow, what a project! Great work! The Guiness will help! Merry Christmas.