Sunday, September 1, 2024

Having "Fun" With Little Details

 



I'm a little confused about how these instrument lights are supposed to be wired. I think 2 of them go to the instruments and are on their own circuit, but the third goes to the red power on indicator in the centre of the console. It's very hard to tell without having another van to look at for comparison. I looked at the drawings in the shop manual and they could have been clearer as well. The two instrument lights are meant to be wired serially. The bases  (of the fixtures)I have the residue of the original wiring and I just see one wire being connected and I'm not really sure where the ground wire goes if it goes anywhere for the two that have just one wire connected (unless the mounting acts as the ground).

No comments: